1. It was great to see so many operators in attendance. I lost count of the total but here are just a few of the frequent North American stations heard on the birds: N5AFV, N5ZNL, AC0RA, CO6CBF/KF5YXV, KO4MA, WD9EWK K5OE/M0GOE, WA5KBH, KF5LOQ, N8RO, N0JY
2. There were lots of great presentations. I stayed awake for most!
3. The forecast for future transponder-capable satellites (FM & SSB) looks bright.
4. The banquet panel was outstanding and very well received by all.
5. Houston knows how to put on a fun Symposium. Kudos to the host committee!
6. I was pleased to see some of the developments around licensing Cubesats in terms of experimental versus amateur licensing.
7. We had an eclectic collection of amateurs in attendance – all with their own unique perspectives in building and/or operating satellites. You could likely never assemble such a team outside of the AMSAT Symposium venue.
8. There are many kind and generous individuals within AMSAT-NA who were supportive of one of our foreign visitors and in making his journey special.
9. Only a few people fell asleep during my presentation. None snored.
10. Even Texas BBQ from Papa’s is better than Memphis B-B-Q.